- Broadband FAQs & Glossary
- Internet Options
- Internet Plans
- Internet Providers
- Getting connected to the NBN
- Choosing the right NBN plan
- The benefits of the NBN
- The different technologies of the NBN
- Internet Speeds
Mobile Broadband Plans
With everyone constantly on the go these days, having access to the internet when you’re out and about can be really handy. Some people now actually consider it to be a necessity!
The term ‘mobile broadband’ can be a little confusing though, leading most people to believe that it refers to mobile phones that can access the internet.
Mobile Broadband-What you need to know
Two things you need to know about Mobile Broadband:
1. It uses the Australian mobile phone network to connect your computer or wireless device to the internet.
2. It’s not the same as wireless broadband, which can only be used in a single confined location (such as your home).
Because it’s flexible and can be used almost anywhere, mobile broadband is a really attractive option for people who find themselves travelling a lot within Australia, or live in areas where fixed-line internet connections (such as ADSL or Cable Internet) are not available.
You can access the mobile broadband network by inserting a small device (sometimes referred to as a dongle or modem) into the USB port of your computer.
Some wireless devices and tablets now come with mobile broadband devices pre-installed, so you may not even need the device. You can purchase a SIM-card (like the one inside your mobile phone), and plug it into your wireless device.